Unity Networking From Scratch(udemy.com)
Unity Networking From Scratch for (Unity 5 to Unity 2018+)
An Introduction to Unity's UNET API
In this course, Penny will take you from the very basics of creating a simple client/server game environment using Unity's UNET system right through to creating and managing a lobby system. The topics covered are the ones that most frequently appear on the forums and that many people struggle in understanding. The course is practical with many step-by-step exercises. Students of this course will learn about the UNET Network Manager and how to use message sending to synchronise rigid body movement and animation of player characters. Overriding the Network Manager will also be covered to allow developers to create customised network functionality such as changing player characters while playing, shooting projectiles and managing player characteristics such as health.
Topics covered include:
- network configurations
- IP addresses
- remote procedure calls
- syncing rigidbody movement
- syncing animation states
- playing with different player-characters
- changing player-characters while connected
- setting up the Unity Lobby asset
- syncing variable values across scenes
- setting up Unity Match Making services
Developed in Unity 5, this course remains relevant for versions 2017, 2018 and beyond with Unity's Networking API which has remained constant over the years.
What past students of this course are achieving:
- the development of an online educational multiuser 3d virtual environment
- the use of mobile devices in place of game controllers
- mmo game development
What past students are saying about this course:
- This course is awesome. Penny explains in a pleasant calm and clear manner. The course has a steady increase in difficulty. I loved the way some topics are explained with graphics / animations.
- I love Penny's courses. This one gave all the knowledge I need and more when it comes to Networking in Unity.
- Penny (as always) covers all things necessary for the current section. She leaves no questions to be asked and every course from my understanding is executed without confusion being left in its aftermath. If you do however have a question it is most likely from my experience covered with in another section of the course later on. thank you penny!! you rock!!!